Monday, October 4, 2021

EOTO Presentation React: The first the American Newspaper

    

One thing that I learned from the other people's presentation was the very first American Newspaper by Caroline Peacock. The first newspaper in America was only printed once because it was banned by the British Governor Council just four days after publication. It was printed by Richard Pierce and edited by Benjamin Harris in Boston on September 25, 1690. Harris owned a coffee house and came up with the idea of a newspaper through his customers who often talked about politics. It was made so that people can read the newspaper while drinking their coffee. All of which I found so fascinating that this is the origin of the American newspaper. Having to fight through British control just to allow people to access to what is going on in the world is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post: Relationship with Technology

          I do believe that my relationship with technology is healthy, and that’s good since I am majoring in Game Design so I am going to ...