Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Privacy

   



    To me, the issue of privacy affects me because I can't do anything not just on the internet but my day-to-day life without someone having access to it. I have always had these eyes looking at me everywhere I go and do. What is the unspoken truth about the internet is that once you post something on the internet there is no turning back. Once it is sent that is it. So this gives people anxiety about what they should and shouldn't post as it could affect their lives later in life. There are several examples of this like when James Gunn was fired from doing the Guardians of the Galaxy movie because of several offensive tweets that he sent years ago. I think that kids should not have access to social media until they understand that their actions may have consequences. 




    What should the government do about privacy issues? Based on the information that the videos gave me I think that they have enough already. Them taking pictures of our license plates, seeing where we go with our GPS, face recognition, or even listening to our phone calls. I think they just need to step back. In one of the videos a man mentioned a good point that it would be better to be secure and have a harder time catching criminals than those criminals being about to find you. So the government should give us a bit more privacy rather than strip it away.


    The best way to protect yourself is to just simply be smart. If you don't need to send that picture of what you ate this morning then don't send it. Use secure websites and enable a VPN. Limit yourself from technology and social media as much as you can. That way there isn't as much information on you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post: Relationship with Technology

          I do believe that my relationship with technology is healthy, and that’s good since I am majoring in Game Design so I am going to ...